Flurry Of NFL Moves Mark Start Of Free Agency
I can’t remember a storm of big names swapping uniforms in one day like the what the NFL saw on Tuesday.
It was the first day teams could officially sign and trade players and while some of the changes leaked prior to the 4 p.m. opening of free agency there were some moves many fans didn’t see coming: Namely Jimmy Graham to the Seattle Seahawks.
Among the big names changing teams:
- Darrelle Revis is going back to the Jets. Meanwhile, the Jets are acquiring WR Brandon Marshall while cutting WR Percy Harvin
- Torrey Smith is leaving Baltimore and heading west to the 49ers
- Frank Gore is out of San Francisco and moving to Indianapolis
- The Buffalo Bills finalized a deal to send LB Kiko Alonso to Philly for RB LeSean McCoy
- Haloti Ngata is headed to Detroit
- TE Julius Thomas to Jacksonville
- A.J. Hawk is leaving the Packers for the Bengals
- The Eagles traded QB Nick Foles for Rams’ signal caller Sam Bradford
- The Giants snagged ex-Pats running back Shane Vereen, while also inking LB Jonathan Casillas
- Owen Daniels to Denver
Other rumored deals that are pending include safety Antrel Rolle to the Bears and Ndamukong Suh to the Dolphins.